CommonUnity: Nights for Youth Peace A weekly evening program developed by—and for—youth & young adults: inspirational & educational speakers, “Chillax” hip-hop yoga for stress reduction, discussions to build community, good food and time to just hang out. 50+ young people attended the summer finale and older youth poured their energy to keep it going during the year.
- All aspects CommonUnity earned “5-excellent” on weekly feedback forms!
- 25-35 young people stayed for all three hours of programming; most coming every Thursday
- Five people were employed by CommonUnity, and made amazing strides forward in their lives:
- Program Director Issa Bibbins was inspired by the job to return to college and enrolled in Lesley;
- Youth Director Angel Padilla landed his first full-time job by summer’s end;
- Both court-involved teens kept on their parole plans with the support of Director Issa Bibbins.
The impact on our court-involved youth employees was so profound, we are hoping to hire 10 young people for summer 2015. Each employee costs $1200, please consider donating!